- FRA Branch 159
FRA Branch 159 meets monthly on the third Sunday of every month unless otherwise published. Locations for the monthly meetings are selected around the Houston / Galveston metropolitan area, near centers of our membership population.
FRA Branch 159 monthly face to face meetings are cancelled at this time due to the current COVID-19 precautionary restrictions established by the CDC. We will hold monthly meetings via Zoom on the third Sunday of the month. The Branch will send out invitations to the meeting via email the week before the meeting.
FRA Branch 159 meetings for 2021
- January 17 - January Meeting via Zoom
- February 21 - February Meeting Cancelled
- March 21 - March Meeting via Zoom
- April 18 - April Meeting via Zoom
- May 16 - May Meeting via Zoom
- June 20 - June Meeting via Zoom
- July 18 - July Meeting via Zoom
- August 15 - August Meeting via Zoom
- September 19 - September Meeting via Zoom
- October 17 - October Meeting via Zoom
- November 21 - November Meeting via Zoom
- December 19 - December Meeting via Zoom
Meeting Time: Unless other wise noted, meetings will be from 1600 to 1800.
Fleet Reserve Association (FRA)
Organized in 1924, the FRA is a nonprofit organization of enlisted personnel (active, reserve, retired, and veteran) of the U.S. Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard. There are over 300 FRA Branches worldwide. As a Congressionally chartered association, FRA's mission is to preserve and enhance pay, benefits, and quality of life programs for members of the Sea Services. FRA Shipmates meet regularly to promote the interests of the Sea Services, share military fellowship, support local charitable and ceremonial endeavors, and offer assistance to shipmate’s survivors.
You must be an enlisted person of the U.S. Navy, Marine Corps, or Coast Guard, regular or reserve, active duty, retired, or honorably discharged member. Commissioned officers who have at least one day of prior honorable enlisted service in one of the Sea Services are also eligible for membership. Annual dues are $40. If you are initially signing up, the first TWO years are $75.