- FRA Branch 159
FRA Branch 159 meets monthly on the third Sunday of every month unless otherwise published. Locations for the monthly meetings are selected around the Houston / Galveston metropolitan area, near centers of our membership population.
FRA Branch 159 monthly meetings are cancelled at this time due to the current COVID-19 precautionary restrictions established by the CDC.
FRA Branch 159 meetings for 2020
- January 19 - January Meeting Cancelled
- February 16 - Pappas Bar-B-Q, 9797 Westheimer, Houston, TX 77042
- March 8 - Kelly's Country Cookin', 11555 W. Airport Blvd, Meadows Place, TX 77477
- April 19 - April Meeting Cancelled due to COVID-19 Pandemic
- May 17 - May Meeting Cancelled due to COVID-19 Pandemic
- June 21 - June Meeting via Zoom
- July 19 - Installation of Officers, via Zoom
- August 16 - August Meeting via Zoom
- September 20 - September Meeting via Zoom
- October 18 - Navy Birthday, via Zoom
- November 15 - November Meeting via Zoom
- December 20 - December Meeting via Zoom
Meeting Time: Unless other wise noted, meetings will be from 1600 to 1800.
Fleet Reserve Association (FRA)
Organized in 1924, the FRA is a nonprofit organization of enlisted personnel (active, reserve, retired, and veteran) of the U.S. Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard. There are over 300 FRA Branches worldwide. As a Congressionally chartered association, FRA's mission is to preserve and enhance pay, benefits, and quality of life programs for members of the Sea Services. FRA Shipmates meet regularly to promote the interests of the Sea Services, share military fellowship, support local charitable and ceremonial endeavors, and offer assistance to shipmate’s survivors.
You must be an enlisted person of the U.S. Navy, Marine Corps, or Coast Guard, regular or reserve, active duty, retired, or honorably discharged member. Commissioned officers who have at least one day of prior honorable enlisted service in one of the Sea Services are also eligible for membership. Annual dues are $40. If you are initially signing up, the first TWO years are $75.